[lbo-talk] The criminalization of the poor

shag carpet bomb shag at cleandraws.com
Thu Aug 11 14:12:08 PDT 2011

Bicycles are vehicles according to traffic law. you follow the traffic signs and lights. So the hell what? I commute every day and I always stop at lights. At stop signs, I do a track stand long enough to look right, left, right.

Christ. I hate bicyclists who think they are above the law. Pedestrians are natural allies. In cities, when you ride like this, you're endangering others. You also endanger yourself since it's the number one reason why cyclists get hit when they're at fault: running lights and signs.

BTW, I also make my group riders follow traffic law on group rides. It's a real bummer to have to slow down on a paceline, but so the fuck what. We want to be treated with respect by drivers, we need to act like we deserve it.