[lbo-talk] riots in England

Charles Turner vze26m98 at optonline.net
Sat Aug 13 06:36:01 PDT 2011

On Aug 12, 2011, at 12:57 PM, Chris Brooke wrote:

> The BBC has been curiously (and, I think, uncharacteristically) poor in its
> coverage of the riots. Sky News has been much better at sending its
> journalists into places where disturbances are going on and reporting
> directly from the scene, and BBC interviewers and panellists have been
> awful.

Credit to Mark Fisher for sharing this:

<http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/08/10/us-britain-riots-hackney-idUSTRE77946F20110810>

Paul Lewis of the Guardian has been Tweeting all through this, and has a summary today:

<http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2011/aug/12/uk-riots-paul-lewis-five-day-journey?CMP=twt_gu>

These reports from Sangat TV are also amazing, courtesy Mr Lewis:

<http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/pda/2011/aug/10/television-tvnews?CMP=twt_gu>