[lbo-talk] Are Conservatives Racist?

Dennis Claxton ddclaxton at earthlink.net
Thu Aug 18 19:45:26 PDT 2011

At 07:36 PM 8/18/2011, Joanne Landy wrote:

>racism is part of the toxic mix of much of today's militant conservatism.

And that's new how? I'm not saying it's unimportant, just that the left's way of thinking about it needs adjustment.

>What difference does it make whether he believes it? What matters is
>that in the present atmosphere he feels he can say it.

What do you mean the present atmosphere? Hard core racists have never been shy about racist talk.

Whether he believes it makes a difference because I think it's worse when it's just a soundbite repeated without reflection. This country is full of politicians who aren't thinking deeply about anything at all really.

LBJ was a racist, but he was more compelling, and got more done, than this fuck ever will. Ditto Nixon