[lbo-talk] Cultural exchange!

Alan Rudy alan.rudy at gmail.com
Fri Aug 19 04:39:16 PDT 2011

On Fri, Aug 19, 2011 at 1:27 AM, Mark Bennett <bennett.mab at gmail.com> wrote:

> . . . And a whole lot of people heart New York, as the old bumperstickers
> used to proclaim. It's not for everyone, though, I think everyone would
> agree on that. I love it for about two weeks at a time; after that, I need
> to get back to sunny So Cal.

Yeah, but neither sunny SoCal (Fullerton? Riverside? El Centro?) nor Beulah, MI, or Silver City, NM, are for everyone either, no? Asian immigrant, Jersey-fab or American leftist doesn't seem to me the selectively dumping on or praising NYC helps much. The grass is always greener and the devil you know…