[lbo-talk] Cultural exchange!

Dissenting Wren dissentingwren at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 19 06:09:01 PDT 2011

"Once you've come to be a part of this particular patch, you'll never love another. Like loving a woman with a broken nose, you may well find lovelier lovelies. But never a lovely so real."

________________________________ From: Alan Rudy <alan.rudy at gmail.com> To: lbo-talk at lbo-talk.org Sent: Friday, August 19, 2011 6:39 AM Subject: Re: [lbo-talk] Cultural exchange!

On Fri, Aug 19, 2011 at 1:27 AM, Mark Bennett <bennett.mab at gmail.com> wrote:

>  . . . And a whole lot of people heart New York, as the old bumperstickers
> used to proclaim.  It's not for everyone, though, I think everyone would
> agree on that.  I love it for about two weeks at a time; after that, I need
> to get back to sunny So Cal.

Yeah, but neither sunny SoCal (Fullerton? Riverside? El Centro?) nor Beulah, MI, or Silver City, NM, are for everyone either, no?  Asian immigrant, Jersey-fab or American leftist doesn't seem to me the selectively dumping on or praising NYC helps much.  The grass is always greener and the devil you know… ___________________________________ http://mailman.lbo-talk.org/mailman/listinfo/lbo-talk