[lbo-talk] Are Conservatives Racist?

Shane Mage shmage at pipeline.com
Fri Aug 19 09:12:21 PDT 2011

On Aug 19, 2011, at 11:40 AM, Dennis Redmond wrote:

> On Fri, Aug 19, 2011 at 9:25 AM, Shane Mage <shmage at pipeline.com>
> wrote:
>
>> And as for Obama, does anyone, anyone, imagine that if he
>> had been 100%, not 50%, white, a person with his record of
>> credentialed
>> non-achievement and demonstrable intellectual mediocrity would have
>> made it
>> as far as the Illinois legislature let alone been considered by
>> anyone for
>> president?
>
> I'm sorry, but Obama is extremely intelligent and a capable
> politician...

To be a capable politician requires no intellectual capacity whatsoever (cf. Truman, Kennedy, Johnson, Ford, both Bushes, both Clintons). As to Obama being "extremely intelligent," where's the publication record of his many years as Law Review Editor and Law Professor? Two platitude-filled books, nothing more. Oh, I get it--by not exposing his intellectual mediocrity Obama proved how capable he was as what Shakespeare called "a scurvy politician."

Shane Mage

"scientific discovery is basically recognition of obvious realities that self-interest or ideology have kept everybody from paying attention to"