[lbo-talk] Arab Spring: The Libyan Remix

dperrin at comcast.net dperrin at comcast.net
Wed Aug 24 07:13:45 PDT 2011

Wojtek:

"Dennis, I am quite surprised by your unqualified admiration. Even if I were a staunch supporter, I would still hedge my bets. We all know too well that revolutions tend to eat their own children."

Like I said, DR's position is analogous to fantasy football. The team he drafted won. Pumped fists fit the mood.

I'm happy that Qaddafi was overthrown. Not enough rulers are. Not sure how you undermine regional neoliberalism with the decisive help of major neoliberal states. We'll see, I suppose.

Dennis