[lbo-talk] Strauss Kahn

SA s11131978 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 24 11:14:21 PDT 2011

On 8/24/2011 1:54 PM, Wendy Lyon wrote:

> What I would wonder about, if she made it all up, is how she managed
> to pick a guy whose history with women is by all accounts so appalling
> that it was quite easy to believe him capable of doing what she
> alleged. If it was an entirely fabricated extortion plot she could
> hardly have found a better candidate to extort. Is that sheer
> coincidence, is there any real likelihood she and her co-conspirators
> could have known what a pig they were dealing with?

Nobody, including DSK, claimed there was no sexual encounter. There is DNA evidence of it.

In the past, DSK has been credibly accused of incidents ranging from "being too insistent" to "using prostitutes in sordid circumstances" to "attempted rape." In his encounter with Diallo, he may have been guilty of any combination of these. But whatever he was in fact guilty of in this particular case, if it was not rape then the charges were false. If it was rape, then a guilty man has gone free. I can't see how anyone can be so certain which of the two possibilities it is.

SA