[lbo-talk] Strauss Kahn

SA s11131978 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 25 12:22:56 PDT 2011

On 8/25/2011 2:49 PM, // ravi wrote:

> On Aug 25, 2011, at 11:11 AM, shag carpet bomb wrote:
>> i think what creeps me out is the weird desire to root out left shiboleths and say, "see! see! i've found it. there it is. I so KNEW that all lefties were fucked up. i'm so special because i see the problem and most of the rest of 'em don't. what is WRONG with these people anyway. i'm just not even sure i want to be part of that gang. ugh!"
>
> Yeah, I got the feeling that SA is downright embarrassed by most of the rest of us :-).

You talk as if I went and wrote a hit piece in the New Republic called Why Those Dumb PC Leftists Are All Wrong About DSK. I didn't, and moreover I wouldn't. This is an email list for leftists to air their agreements and disagreements amongst themselves, right? I'm not clear on which disagreements, according to you and shag, are weird and unacceptable. And shag, I find this argument coming from you especially hard to understand. I feel like I've read you pungently critiquing left (or liberal) errors and misconceptions a million times. I remember your many posts venting about your ideological problems with whole swaths of the feminist blogosphere. About how we should "take a break from feminism." About the leftist problem of "the toilet bowl of comparative oppressions." Etc. What was my especially heinous transgression?

SA