[lbo-talk] $39,000 handbag

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Fri Aug 26 12:00:58 PDT 2011

Who are the Olsen's?

What's special about an object for the wealthy carrying a dizzying price tag?

Carrol

-----Original Message----- From: lbo-talk-bounces at lbo-talk.org [mailto:lbo-talk-bounces at lbo-talk.org] On Behalf Of Dennis Claxton Sent: Friday, August 26, 2011 1:11 PM To: lbo-talk at lbo-talk.org Subject: [lbo-talk] $39,000 handbag

I gotta come up with 40 grand between now and November so I can get one of these for a gift on the occasion of my daughter's entry into teenagerhood.

I never thought the Olsens could do anything for me except weird me out, but there's a link here to a photo of them in bed together reading a book on Brigitte Bardot by Simone de Beauvoir. I never heard of that book but now, thanks to Mary-Kate and Ashley, I'm going to look for it:

http://www.theawl.com/2011/08/olsen-caught-with-handbag-what-does-it-mean

You may or may not have heard about this, but last month one of the Olsen twins was photographed with a handbag. I'm not making this up. And this is not like those other times that one of the Olsen twins was photographed with a handbag. No, forget about all those Yves Saint Laurents, Balenciagas and Chanels (as shown here). This specific handbag on this specific Olsen (Ashley) was an as-yet unreleased handbag from The Row, the Olsens' own fashion line. Additionally, this specific handbag retails at $39,000.

[...]