[lbo-talk] Limits on free speech?

Wojtek S wsoko52 at gmail.com
Sat Aug 27 07:40:03 PDT 2011

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/08/27/technology/man-accused-of-stalking-via-twitter-claims-free-speech.html?ref=technology

[WS:] My own view is that freedom of speech is good but only in moderation - just as about everything else. It is good to the point when it promotes the exchange of ideas on public matters - and it ceases to be good when it is used to drown that exchange in noise or simply to attack and harass other people. So there are limits to what one can say on the internet as well as in other media, and law enforcement agencies should enforce those limits. I hope that Mr. Cassidy receive a long jail sentence, so he can have an opportunity to reflect on the effects of what is being posted on the internet on others and the free exchange of ideas next time he clicks on the "send" button.

Wojtek