[lbo-talk] [OFFLIST] Re: Arab Spring: The Libyan Remix

123hop at comcast.net 123hop at comcast.net
Sat Aug 27 14:07:59 PDT 2011

Midlessness is universal. One of the most depressing experiences of my life was working with a Trostskist group in SF in the eighties. I can't remember one single positive thing about that experience. I'm not blaming Trotsky, but it was a good basic lesson in the fact that radical politics can attract some very iffy people.

Joanna

----- Original Message ----- From: "Wojtek S" <wsoko52 at gmail.com> To: "// ravi" <ravi at platosbeard.org> Cc: lbo-talk at lbo-talk.org Sent: Saturday, August 27, 2011 7:26:41 AM Subject: Re: [lbo-talk] [OFFLIST] Re: Arab Spring: The Libyan Remix

I do not watch television, but i did experience the zeal of US campus radicals making pronouncements about social movements elsewhere. I was called a CIA agent and worse when I mentioned my Solidarnosc involvement in Poland. This was quite a culture shock for a FOBbie - I thought that a rational open-minded person would first ask someone else about his/her direct experience before passing judgments about that experience. Later I realized that these folks are neither open minded nor rational - they are mean spirited inquisitorial types who build their own careers or maybe obtain satisfaction by attacking and destroying others. Honestly, I have zero respect for such individuals - regardless on which side of the political front line they operate.

Cheers,

Wojtek