[lbo-talk] $39,000 handbag

shag carpet bomb shag at cleandraws.com
Sun Aug 28 11:20:48 PDT 2011

At 02:05 PM 8/28/2011, Joseph Catron wrote:
>On Sun, Aug 28, 2011 at 7:01 PM, shag carpet bomb <shag at cleandraws.com>wrote:
>
>It creates a hiearchy of who is more oppressed
> >

>But being affected by a hurricane, or any other natural phenomenon, ISN'T
>BEING OPPRESSED in and of itself. I don't know how much more self-evident a
>statement could be.

I understand that, but carrol's talking about your method. you've already said that you agree that some people are more oppressed and it is with those groups we should engage in political struggle.

I'm saying that your response is like a rorshach test: if you sympathize with that view of course you're going to mock your privileged western friends for being wusses. you're saying to them, "jeez. if you had clue about the suffering oppression of others across the world, you wouldn't complain and realize you sound like babies."

this sounds like mothers who say, "finish your beer. there are sober children in india..."

wait, I mean they say, "eat your broccoli. there are starving children in ethiopia you ungrateful little snot!"

LOL