[lbo-talk] Americans: doped up for decades

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Sun Aug 28 19:28:05 PDT 2011

On 8/28/2011 3:33 PM, shag carpet bomb wrote:

> yeah, the drugs are bad, but the desire to shut kids the help up by
> doping them is not new in history.

My younger daughter (probably around a year) got chicken pox while I was in grad school. We would dust her with cornstarch, calm her down, get her to sleep, go to bed -- and then she would wail. Twonights of this. Very little sleep.

Third night. Same thing. I picked her up, carried heer down to the kitchen (2 story apt), got a bottle of scotch, poured a teaspoon full, put it in her mouth, tipped the spoon. She went gah or something; her eyes glazed; I put her to bed. We slept that night.

Carrol