[lbo-talk] Information warfare: Fake images of Green Square?

Ferenc Molnar ferenc_molnar at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 29 12:55:24 PDT 2011

FC wrote: "I know, I´m just curious if this RussiaToday conspiracy theory was echoed in any other media, and the puzzling fact that RT.com only seems to have done this report in Spanish language... To what end? disinformation by whom?"

FM: The story has been making its rounds in English. The idea is that Qatar's support of the Libyan rebels extends to the doctoring of Al Jazeera's coverage of the war. The allegation that Al Jazeera is staging events in their Doha studios and digitally stitching them together to support the propaganda war against Gaddafi seems a little farfetched. But the idea that media outfits like Al Jazeera or Russia Times have "house ideologies" which bias their news like every other media outfit in the world isn't farfetched at all.

Global Research article alleging Al Jazeera's doctoring of its coverage of Libya:

http://www.globalresearch.ca/index.php?aid=26155&context=va