[lbo-talk] from danielle to dani

Mark Bennett bennett.mab at gmail.com
Wed Aug 31 15:44:30 PDT 2011

Wolf Children; The Wild Boy of Averyron, Jean Itard and Lucien Malson. I haven't read this book, but it would one hell of a coincidence if co-author Itard was not descended from Victor's guardian/jailer/teacher/physician Jean Marc Gaspar Itard.

30 or so years ago, the NYRB's long-time contributor, Roger Shattuck, published a short, elegant study of the social effects of the discovery of the The Wild Boy, The Forbidden Experiment: The Story of the Wild Boy of Aveyron.