[lbo-talk] Vignettes from OWS facebook page

c b cb31450 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 1 13:47:42 PST 2011

OWS spontaneously creates space like Unemployed Councils of 1930's

CB

https://www.facebook.com/events/271273816256637/

David Ludwig I am a residential architect and artist in Marin County, just north of San Francisco. I have 40 years experience and have completed 195 projects. At the height of my professional experience, I've watched my income drop by 50% in 2008, and another 50% in 2010. Residential remodels and new projects have all but disappeared here in Northern California. I live in a solar-powered Airstream trailer. I'm living on my Social Security and piecing a lifestyle together on a month-to-month basis. I watched an unemployed union concrete finisher-neighbor, here in the trailer park, move out this week. He sold his 20-year-old trailer to the park for unpaid rent. A crew showed up today and started to demolish the old trailer. This is what repossession looks line for the 99%. The 1% are demolishing our lives, memories and dreams. Unlike · · 3 hours ago

You and 8 others like this.

Mitch Daniels you are a great man, and I am in the same situation

2 hours ago · Like

Pam Marsh I am glad you have a roof over your head and sorry to hear about your neighbor. I have an engineering degree and cannot find work in Ohio. No on can take our lives, memories or dreams, we just need things to even out to keep hope alive. God bless