[lbo-talk] The New Anarchists

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Mon Dec 5 06:55:54 PST 2011

Joanna: In fact, I thought the whole point of the Euro zone was to permit this free movement of people, but if anything it has given neoliberalism a freer hand.

------

I haven't read the article, but the "free movement of people" has to carry instant citizenship to be meaningful: and that is very definitely not the case in Europe. When I argued a couple years ago that a central left 'demand' must be open borders, I was presupposing the identity (so far as rights went) of "resident" and "citizen."

Carrol