[lbo-talk] Education expenses, putting it in perspective.

Wojtek S wsoko52 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 5 12:27:39 PST 2011

Miles: "You transfer to a 4-year college. You'll be more likely to get your baccalaureate than a comparable student who starts out at a public 4-year college."

[WS:] Right. This worked pretty well in CA where the UC system would automatically accept community college students who took certain classes and achieved a certain GPA. At least it worked like that when I lived in CA in the 1980s. I met quite a few students, mostly minority and ESL, who got poor HS education, would have never made it through the standardized testing gauntlet, but completed the first two years in community colleges and then transferred to the UC system and were very successful. I really liked that system, it was closest to the ideal system of college admission I have encountered. I wonder if it is still in place.

Wojtek