[lbo-talk] Posh as Fuck

Michael Smith mjs at smithbowen.net
Tue Dec 6 14:45:16 PST 2011

On Wed, 7 Dec 2011 00:40:46 +0200 Joseph Catron <jncatron at gmail.com> wrote:

> Well, that just goes to show that any current leftist approach to higher
> education must prioritize nationalization as a goal. It really is amazing
> how long some of us can discuss the issue without mentioning the siphoning
> of public resources into an (even more) unaccountable system of private
> universities, which would collapse overnight without these massive
> subsidies. If our topic were charter schools (or private-sector,
> publicly-funded providers of any other service), wouldn't this critical
> distinction arise in the first five seconds?

Hell of a good point. Talk about a radical 'demand'.

But again, how many academics in the private-school sector would ever support it? Not many, I bet.

-- --

Michael J. Smith mjs at smithbowen.net

http://stopmebeforeivoteagain.org http://www.cars-suck.org http://fakesprogress.blogspot.com

Any proposition that seems self-evident is almost certainly false.