[lbo-talk] Posh as Fuck

shag carpet bomb shag at cleandraws.com
Tue Dec 6 16:16:41 PST 2011

<> On Wed, 7 Dec 2011 00:40:46 +0200 <> Joseph Catron <jncatron at gmail.com> wrote: <> <>> Well, that just goes to show that any current leftist approach to <>> higher <>> education must prioritize nationalization as a goal. It really is <>> amazing <>> how long some of us can discuss the issue without mentioning the <>> siphoning <>> of public resources into an (even more) unaccountable system of <>> private <>> universities, which would collapse overnight without these massive <>> subsidies. If our topic were charter schools (or private-sector, <>> publicly-funded providers of any other service), wouldn't this <>> critical <>> distinction arise in the first five seconds? <> <> Hell of a good point. Talk about a radical 'demand'. <> <> But again, how many academics in the private-school sector <> would ever support it? Not many, I bet.

you are exactly right about that because, for all their "leftyness", they are merely Liberals which means they like power and privilege and have zero interest in dismantling capitalism.

the fact is, if it wasn't that we needed a system for sorting the winners from the also rans, and sorting the also rans into strata, we don't need education as we see it today. education would happen everywhere. schools: pointless.