[lbo-talk] Speaking of University Bashing...

Michael Smith mjs at smithbowen.net
Fri Dec 9 09:58:53 PST 2011

On Fri, 9 Dec 2011 12:15:59 -0500 "shag carpet bomb" <shag at cleandraws.com> wrote:

> that is why I want to know what people expect schooling to look like
> in the utopian future.
>
> i can't fathom why we'd need it!

Perhaps one wouldn't. On the other hand one might *want* it, at least for people who are that way given.

You could always just go find somebody on Craigslist if you wanted to learn Hittite, I guess, but it seems at least possible that there might be some advantage to having central places where you could go, funded of course at public expense. Sorta like public libraries, with teachers on tap for those who want teaching. But now we're *really* cookin' up a storm in the future's kitchen, aren't we? Damn. Where did I leave that immersion blender?

-- --

Michael J. Smith mjs at smithbowen.net

http://stopmebeforeivoteagain.org http://www.cars-suck.org http://fakesprogress.blogspot.com

Any proposition that seems self-evident is almost certainly false.