[lbo-talk] Speaking of University Bashing...

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Fri Dec 9 13:41:20 PST 2011

Why don't you try reading the posts being sent instead of making up positions that no one holds. Did you see the first post I wrote on the fuck...thread, indicating agreement with what you had said in that thread. As credentialing institutions they are analogous to prisons, but to recognize that is in no way to disagree, for example, with Bruce Franklin's arguments you quote later; they are both prisons for the working class AND essential seedbeds of revolutionary practice. Not an uncommon fact at all in capitalism.

Carrol

Carrol

-----Original Message----- From: lbo-talk-bounces at lbo-talk.org [mailto:lbo-talk-bounces at lbo-talk.org] On Behalf Of Doug Henwood Sent: Friday, December 09, 2011 11:26 AM To: lbo-talk at lbo-talk.org Subject: Re: [lbo-talk] Speaking of University Bashing...

On Dec 9, 2011, at 12:15 PM, shag carpet bomb wrote:

> so, yay for schools. looking forward to the day we get to smash them!

We don't need no education We dont need no thought control No dark sarcasm in the classroom Teachers leave them kids alone Hey! Teachers! Leave them kids alone! All in all it's just another brick in the wall. All in all you're just another brick in the wall.