[lbo-talk] What Rep voters want

Andy andy274 at gmail.com
Sun Dec 11 11:41:11 PST 2011

http://www.balloon-juice.com/2011/12/11/love-me-like-a-man/

[...]

Keep it simple: Reagan good, Jesus good, free market good, Obama bad, soshulism bad, terists bad. And say it like you mean it. No one gives a fuck about moon minerals anymore than they gave a fuck about bear DNA in 2008. Romney thinks he can win by being the knowledgeable, serious one, who knows that the others’ ideas are all crazy (and it’s true that they are crazy) but that won’t work. It sure hasn’t worked so far.

Before Romney was behind Gingrich in the polls, he was behind Donald Trump, then Rick Perry, then Hermain Cain. Then one day they had to crash, but seriousness wouldn’t have helped that batch. Trump crashed when Obama smacked him down with the birth certificate, not because voters thought Trump was crazy for believing it, but because Obama made Trump look weak and unmanly. Perry crashed, not when he talked about lynching Ben Bernanke, but when he started acting like a candy ass pain-killer addict. Herman Cain’s I-don’t-know-Korea-but-I-know-crazy act was playing just fine before the librul media paid those she-devils to accuse him of harassment.

Romney thinks he’s competing on Jeopardy when he’s really on Quien Es Mas Macho.

-- Andy