[lbo-talk] If you need a new chew toy

Gar Lipow gar.lipow at gmail.com
Sun Dec 11 18:57:24 PST 2011

http://www.samefacts.com/2011/12/race-related-isms/african-american-liberals-know-how-to-love-their-president/ "African-American Liberals Know How to Love Their President" http://bit.ly/vDeMdY

Possibly the single most disgusting piece of Obama defending and bashing of Obama critics, well ever.

Not going to quote, because really no political gain to taking this on. Just offering to link to anyone who wants an easy and disgusting target for satire . As I say, I think if you do this it would be just for your amusement. Not a lot else to gain. It is tribal identity reinforcement for Obama supporters and trolling for ill-thought out hostile comments from Obama critics to provide further reinforcement. But in the spirit of Oscar Wilde who once said (paraphrasing) that bad plays justified their existence by offering opportunities for great criticism, this vile little piece might offer an opportunity for good satire. Again don't waste your time on this if you have better to do, like clipping your toenails. Taking this on is on is purely a timewaster if you need the amusement. Note that I'm not spending my time on it, so I'm certainly not urging you to do so. But idle amusement is needed by all of us on occasion, so I'm just passing it on in case this particular form of idleness happens to suit your mood.

-- Facebook: Gar Lipow  Twitter: GarLipow Grist Blog: http://www.grist.org/member/1598 Static page: http://www.nohairshirts.com