[lbo-talk] Defrosting the Arctic - Canada & Alaska Benign Neglect

Nicholas Roberts nicholas at themediasociety.org
Tue Dec 13 20:16:36 PST 2011

its funny, I think that allowing the Arctic to melt, the permafrost to defreeze, the mine the tar sands and shale, is the biggest example of benign neglect in human real estate development history

the numbers on this years Arctic sea ice are some of the worst, its melting fast and chances are its going to accelerate

so, for the useful idiots that the left love to hate like Sarah Palin or Harper, this is a "good thing"... sea lanes, warmer weather, expanded agriculture, greater population, the imminent coming of the Lord Jesus etc

at the American Geographical Union annual meeting last week in San Francisco, James Hansen, remember him, told us, rather pleasantly and qiuetly, that we are all going to die, or most of us anyway, and this century

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KTTlAAiwgwM&feature=player_embedded http://pubs.giss.nasa.gov/abs/ha05510d.html

-- Nicholas Roberts US 510-684-8264 http://Permaculture.TV http://permaculture.coop