[lbo-talk] A Crisis of Neo-liberalism or a Crisis of Captialism?" by Christopher Carrico

Michael Smith mjs at smithbowen.net
Wed Dec 14 04:45:59 PST 2011

On Tue, 13 Dec 2011 22:07:06 -0800 Dennis Claxton <ddclaxton at earthlink.net> wrote:

> At 08:52 PM 12/13/2011, Michael Smith wrote:
>
> >I couldn't make head or tail of it either. For what that's worth.
>
> It's that difficult? Serious question.

I honestly don't know. "Difficult" wasn't my response -- I couldn't understand what he was driving at, at all. It just didn't compute. Words went in, no meaning came out.

> I can't make head nor tail of a lot of things, but I think it's bad
> form to dismiss a major thinker like Adorno without first trying to
> get it, at least a little.

I don't recall making any sweeping assertions about Adorno, who is terra omnino incognita to me. My comment was about the passage quoted. But perhaps I have the wrong background for it, or my mind works in a different way, or something. People do seem to have different cognitive styles, for lack of a better word.

-- --

Michael J. Smith mjs at smithbowen.net

http://stopmebeforeivoteagain.org http://www.cars-suck.org http://fakesprogress.blogspot.com

Any proposition that seems self-evident is almost certainly false.