[lbo-talk] Occupy the hood: A black perspective on occupy wallstreet

123hop at comcast.net 123hop at comcast.net
Wed Dec 14 12:05:27 PST 2011

All I was trying to point out is that black people have every reason to fear the police and the courts, and that OWS may appear to them like a volunteer effort to get involved with cops, courts, and jails.

I also think that the OWS rhetoric of "color doesn't matter" -- or what comes across as that -- is not working for African Americans.

Joanna

----- Original Message ----- Well, yeah, but what's the point of this exactly? I'm guessing that most OWS participants are more aware of what cops are like than the average Joe. That aside, whites shouldn't complain because things could be worse, i.e., they could be black? Some sort of one-upmanship? Please enlighten.

Doug