[lbo-talk] Occupy the hood: A black perspective on occupywallstreet

c b cb31450 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 15 10:34:46 PST 2011

Lookee here. All I was doing was responding to one article that was posted to this list in which the author spoke about the relative lack of participation from black people in OWS, without mentioning how black people might view the likelihood of engaging with cops and being arrested in light of their overall experience with such matters. It seemed really strange to me that this factor had been left out of that particular discussion.

Joanna

^^^^^^^ CB; Yeah , u right. Whites have the "complexion of protection' as one Detroit Occupier put it. It was diplomatic for the "Occupy the Hood" statement to leave this out, but pertinent for you to raise it. White OWS'ers seem to have sensitivity to this issue from my face-to-face contacts in Detroit and information from the internet. OWS'ers, white and of color, have a high political I.Q.

Long live the Occupation !