[lbo-talk] Christopher Hitchens dead

// ravi ravi at platosbeard.org
Fri Dec 16 06:46:50 PST 2011

On Dec 16, 2011, at 9:37 AM, Carl G. Estabrook wrote:
> I think that's right. He'll be remembered as part of the pantomime horse that Terry Eagleton called "Ditchkins" ...

And also as the author of the term “Islamofascism”. Since Hitchens did not share his prime toddy with me (unlike other listmembers), I harbour no warmth towards the toad. His only redeeming value to me was the [at times suitably ad hominem] slap down he delivered to Dinesh D’Souza in one of those otherwise intolerable debates about God and Religion and what not that abound on YouTube.

—ravi