[lbo-talk] occupy the hood

Eric Beck ersatzdog at gmail.com
Fri Dec 16 13:03:41 PST 2011

On Fri, Dec 16, 2011 at 2:46 PM, Doug Henwood <dhenwood at panix.com> wrote:

> On Dec 16, 2011, at 3:34 PM, c b wrote:
>
>> The War on Poverty is a good idea.
>
> It's fought with benefits, jobs, education.

Those things rearrange who is poor; they don't eliminate poverty, which will always exist under capitalism. I thought only liberals believed otherwise?

> How do you fight a war on "structural racism"?

Abolition of prisons would be a good start.... Seriously, there are several simple ways to fight structural racism that an average 12-year-old could name off the top of their head. I know you're wedded to this anti-antiracism stuff, but the attachment is clouding your thinking.