[lbo-talk] My Letter To CH

Gar Lipow gar.lipow at gmail.com
Fri Dec 16 23:58:42 PST 2011

On Fri, Dec 16, 2011 at 5:19 PM, Doug Henwood <dhenwood at panix.com> wrote:

> On Dec 16, 2011, at 8:04 PM, Gar Lipow wrote:
>
>> Must have been one of those periods when I was skipping a lot of
>> posts. I think I would have taken the same position on Willis, except
>> that I don't think she ever did anything as terrible as Hitchens.
>
> As I recall - I don't have the energy to read through 95 posts or whatever the fuck it is - what set Jesse off was my comment that while I admired Ellen she was a rather difficult person. Which is incontrovertibly true. How does that compare to some of the comments I've read about Hitchens today, which included celebrations of his death?
>
> Doug

OK that makes more sense. Whereas many of the people objecting to some of the really awful stuff about Hitchens were nonetheless actually pretty ruthlessly critical of it. The piece you said was your favorite was pretty rugged. It just noted the good as well as the bad.

-- Facebook: Gar Lipow  Twitter: GarLipow Grist Blog: http://www.grist.org/member/1598 Static page: http://www.nohairshirts.com