[lbo-talk] dc xmas/shopping?

123hop at comcast.net 123hop at comcast.net
Sun Dec 18 16:03:32 PST 2011

Textile Museum is a fabulous (very small) museum. Definitely worth an hour of your time.

Best place in the universe for shopping is the Textile Museum store. Seriously. Amazing stuff NOT expensive.

Best museum is the National Gallery. Free & one of the best museums in the world.

Best place to stay: Tabbard Inn. Walking distance to everything almost, near subway; free membership at the amazingly beautiful YMCA, which is a block away (track, pool, you name it, they have it). You can also bargain with them over rates because everyone is out of town. And they have a good restaurant /bar downstairs.

One of the best Indian restaurants ever is the Bombay Club. Pricey but delicious.

Joanna

----- Original Message ----- I'm spending xmas in DC. Planning on going to Kennedy Center for the Christmas Jazz program, the Smith, not sure which art museum yet, and mostly doing a lot of tooling around on the bike if it isn't too cold. I'd also like to do some shopping, and figured we'd be spending the day in Chinatown on xmas day.

-- Any good suggestions for gourmet food shops (kitchenware, etc.)?

-- Good indie book shops

-- totally weird places to shop, people watch?

-- offbeat things to see, do, places to eat?