[lbo-talk] more 'cool it'

Andy andy274 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 26 07:10:40 PST 2011

On Mon, Dec 26, 2011 at 1:44 AM, Gar Lipow <gar.lipow at gmail.com> wrote:

> Whats more, the science since then shows the situation to be much
> worse that we thought at the time. We are seeing feedbacks today that
> were not officially expected at the time - though you can find many
> climate scientists who thought even then that the slow consensus
> process of the IPCC was drastically underestimating the danger.  And
> apparently they were right.

I've never paid much attention to Lomborg, mostly since most of the people who would know say he misrepresents the state of the physical science. On the economic side, he seems to fall into that category of being concerned about the plight of poor Africans precisely as long as it takes to attack environmental policy.

-- Andy