[lbo-talk] The German Debate on the Monetary Theory of Value

c b cb31450 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 27 10:05:38 PST 2011

The German Debate on the Monetary Theory of Value Angelus Novus fuerdenkommunismus at yahoo.com

Sure, but I don't see that it contradicts my interpretation of Marx, which you obviously seem to think. That's why I said that if you and I disagree on the meaning of Marx's words, it would be helpful to me if you would include some of your own commentary or explanation, rather than just cutting and pasting passages.

^^^^^ CB: What part in what I cut and pasted supports your interpretation of Marx ?

^^^^^^^^^

BTW, on the side issue of the necessity of a physical money commodity, there are differences of opinion between supporters of the monetary interpretation of Marx's value theory. I don't really have a strong opinion either way, as the "physical money commodity" debate isn't of much interest of me, as ever since the end of the Bretton Woods system, we've been living de facto without a money commodity, which is good enough for me in terms of settlign the debate

^^^^^^ CB What does the central part of the German Debate on the Monetary Theory of Value have to do with practice today ? the Occupy Wall Street Movement ? The 2008 bailout of some of Wall Street's biggest financial institutions ? Class struggle today in general ?