[lbo-talk] The German Debate on the Monetary Theory of Value

Angelus Novus fuerdenkommunismus at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 27 11:34:01 PST 2011

Charles:

> What does the central part of the German Debate on the Monetary Theory
> of Value have to do with practice today ? the Occupy Wall Street
> Movement? The 2008 bailout of some of Wall Street's biggest financial
> institutions? Class struggle today in general ?

Charles, I find it hard to believe that you of all people would deny the importance of reading and understanding Marx for the new generation of protest movements.

Marx's understanding of capitalism is still the best one around, and if the increasing size of the reading courses at the Rosa Luxemburg Foundation are any indication (the last Volume I course had to be divided into five smaller groups!), many of the young protest generation are at least intrigued enough by Marx to investigate further.