[lbo-talk] Serves me right to bitch and moan

Ismail Lagardien ilagardien at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 30 10:44:17 PST 2011

There is an interlibrary loan system

The problem I have faced is that being unemployed/out of the educational system means virtually no access to scholarly material. I am battling to get publications out to strengthen my job prospects... Alas. I shouldn't complain too much, I am employed; just not doing what I want to do - teach.

Ismail Lagardien

Nihil humani a me alienum puto

From: shag carpet bomb <shag at cleandraws.com> To: lbo-talk at lbo-talk.org Sent: Friday, 30 December 2011, 20:11 Subject: Re: [lbo-talk] Serves me right to bitch and moan

looks like. from what I can tell, the system is more stringent in SA, with ILL access mentioned WRT university systems, and not public libraries such as I have mostly dealt with.

I imagine this is has roots in the same ideas that gave rise to the differences in copyright/intellectual property laws in u.s. v europe?

<> The Google tells me there is interlibrary loan in SA. Is it different <> there? <>