[lbo-talk] How much do college students...

David Green davegreen84 at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 3 05:58:19 PST 2011

SA wrote:

I don't really understand what you're asking. I didn't read the Gordon paper, but in the long run productivity growth requires the growth of skills. Most people are benefiting less than fully from productivity growth, productivity growth does depend in part on their skills.

    SA, do you think that there has not been growth of skills and productivity growth in this country? Do you think that the educational system could have performed better, and thus produced more skilled and more productive workers? Do you think that there are jobs going unfilled for the lack of skilled and productive workers? Do you think that our educational system explains the differences between the U.S. and other countries who have more productive workers and higher incomes?

David