[lbo-talk] How much do college students...

123hop at comcast.net 123hop at comcast.net
Thu Feb 3 09:54:46 PST 2011

Hi tech work is highly skilled true. And I'm not saying that other work is not, just that the tendency under capitalism is to deskill work as much as possible.

Joanna

----- Original Message ----- From: "Doug Henwood" <dhenwood at panix.com> To: lbo-talk at lbo-talk.org Sent: Thursday, February 3, 2011 9:45:28 AM Subject: Re: [lbo-talk] How much do college students...

On Feb 3, 2011, at 12:36 PM, 123hop at comcast.net wrote:

> Given the massive de-skilling of most work (including education), what's the connection between productivity and a good educational system?

A lot of work has been de-skilled, but a lot hasn't. Could you do your job without gobs of education? Could anyone at Oracle or Sun or Apple? There's a lot of mind-numbing stuff about factory work, but that requires skills too.