[lbo-talk] Definition of nation (was as if on cue)

Wendy Lyon wendy.lyon at gmail.com
Fri Feb 4 04:13:51 PST 2011

On 4 February 2011 00:22, Wojtek S <wsoko52 at gmail.com> wrote:

>  British insularity may me a different thing, though.  The only ones who
> opposed it were nationalists.  There is plenty of them, to be sure, but they
> are a minority.

The No2EU Alliance (I really hate those sort of abbreviations) in Britain is made up of Trots, Communists, trade unionists and various other left types who would by no means be considered "nationalist", at least in the sense it's been used in this thread.

In Ireland some of the anti-EU left groups are nationalist, some are very very definitely not.