[lbo-talk] How Much Do College Students Learn, and Study?

Dennis Claxton ddclaxton at earthlink.net
Sun Feb 6 14:58:30 PST 2011

>> Maybe you should have counted to ten before pulling the trigger on that one.
>
>I don't see why. I'm tired of listening to all these highly educated people dismiss the value of good education.
>
>Doug

That's what I mean. I'm confused by this thread and I think it's because there's more heat than light because participants know each other really well and end up talking past each other.

Do you really think Shag is dismissing the value of a good education?

And I asked about counting to ten because even in this thread she's talked about how she was reading and thinking before college. I don't think she would have wound up isolated and confused without college.