[lbo-talk] How Much Do College Students Learn, and Study?

123hop at comcast.net 123hop at comcast.net
Mon Feb 7 15:12:49 PST 2011

----- Original Message ----- From: "Michael Smith" <mjs at smithbowen.net>

Quite the opposite. Since coming here I've become a bit less poor, isolated, and confused, but the legacy of early education and a misspent youth is hard to overcome.

I once saw this cartoon: divided in two panes.

The pane on the left showed a guy splayed under a coconut tree, staring vacantly into the distance. The pane on the right showed a guy in shirt and tie sitting at a desk, office clock over his left shoulder.

The caption read "Useful and wasted lives."

So, you know.....sometimes it's hard to tell.

Joanna