[lbo-talk] The compensation-productivity gap: a visual essay Susan Fleck, John Glaser, and Shawn Sprague

Alan Rudy alan.rudy at gmail.com
Mon Feb 7 20:37:56 PST 2011

Charts 5. and 10. are pretty interesting. While labor's share of all non-farm business sector output doesn't really start to fall markedly until the age of neoliberal globalization (1978 onward), labors share of manufacturing sector output starts to decline precipitously a decade earlier. Other than that, pretty much every graph indicates major shifts pretty much all occur just prior to, during or immediately following the Reagan recession of 81-82.