[lbo-talk] Definition of nation (was as if on cue)

Wendy Lyon wendy.lyon at gmail.com
Thu Feb 10 06:37:03 PST 2011

On 10 February 2011 13:33, Wojtek S <wsoko52 at gmail.com> wrote:
> [WS:] Exploited? By whose standards?  Certainly not by those of the "Polish
> plumbers" themselves

Woj, there have been plenty of incidents in Ireland alone where Polish (and other Eastern European) workers have raised very serious complaints about their working conditions and in particular the inferiority of those conditions as compared to Irish workers. There are also plenty of them involved in broader labour rights organising. It's pure fantasy on your part to suggest that they're all just so happy with their EU wages, they don't even notice anything else amiss.

> when people who enjoy by far the highest living standards in the entire
> world complain about exploitation, it is difficult to take that seriously.

I suppose it is, when you're not one of them.