[lbo-talk] Wisconsin labor

c b cb31450 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 15 09:07:57 PST 2011

This is a clear , wrong, wrong, wrong statement. It is sectarian, "infantile Leftism". What we learn from Carrol on this issue is what is not to be done.

Charles

^^^^^ Carrol Cox

I just think he knows what he's doing and our opposition to his administration must recognize his craftiness and intelligence if we are to have any impact whatsoever.

This is very close to a summary of everything I've been writing for 10 years on this list.

The DP is our enemy, but its leadership is principled, bold, and intelligent: they know what they are doing.

Capitalists are not cowards, as some on the Marxism list like to argue.

Nor are they stupid.

And we really may not be able to defeat them. Political intelligence must flow from two principles:

1. Capitalism cannot cease being capitalism.

2. We may not _ever_ win. Barbarism may be the human future.

Leftists simply can't keep whistling past the cemeterys.

Carrol