[lbo-talk] Businesses are refusing to hire the unemployed,

Jeffrey Fisher jeff.jfisher at gmail.com
Sun Feb 20 10:50:09 PST 2011

I agree with this point and think it can't be underscored enough. And of course I wouldn't disagree with respect to the broader point about economics and the rest of life.

The only point I was trying to make was that if you look at the "source" I quoted, it's essentially a recruitment agency surveying people coming through their service, so there was no controlling for anything, really (and you had brought up the point about controls). And of course whatever data they have about who they picked up and how many of them got jobs, they won't share, I'm guessing because it's bound to be too depressing to candidates. And then that defeats the purpose of the whole enterprise, which is to encourage people to sign up with them.