[lbo-talk] labor leadership not so sure about Wisconsin

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Tue Feb 22 09:19:57 PST 2011

Dissenting Wren

And he didn't suggest that losing to the French would be jolly good fun, either!

We struggle to win -- but as someone has said, it is only looking backward on those struggles that we see what we won, what relation that has to original conception of our purpose. (The original was better expressed, & I think I disagree with much in it, but it does give bones to chew on.)

No one wants to lose -- but people do risk losing often: it is the only way to discover what can be won. As I said in another post: we are only observing a repeated historical fact. Nothing really to debate. St. Paul's "Don't kick against the pricks" is sometimes _very_ good advice, and sometimes merely guarantees defeat before one fights.

Carrol

Reporter: What is?

KM: Struggle.