[lbo-talk] FW: [BNCPJ-discussion] Madison general strike resolution....

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Tue Feb 22 18:43:41 PST 2011

-----Original Message----- From: BNCPJ-discussion at yahoogroups.com [mailto:BNCPJ-discussion at yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Janice Cox Sent: Tuesday, February 22, 2011 7:11 PM To: BNCPJ-discussion at yahoogroups.com Cc: Corey Mattson Subject: Re: [BNCPJ-discussion] Madison general strike resolution....

It sure is a very positive development. I wasn't sure I'd ever see such union militancy in my lifetime as for the past 30 years labor has been on the defensive and in retreat, by and large.

I appreciate the distinction they're making on the legality of a general strike for some sectors. But the willingness to educate their members in preparation of such a step is very positive indeed. And the other positive note, is opposing any concessions on wages and benefits and draconian spending cuts for essential state programs.

Jan