[lbo-talk] New chapter in online democracy

brandelune at gmail.com brandelune at gmail.com
Thu Feb 24 17:37:48 PST 2011

On 25 févr. 11, at 10:10, 123hop at comcast.net wrote:

> Online astroturfing is more advanced and more automated than we’d imagined.

Then either we lack imagination or we don't follow the news.

SEO, for one, is one of the other sides of astrosurfing and it's been in the news forever.

> By George Monbiot. Published in the Guardian 23rd February 2011
> http://www.monbiot.com/2011/02/23/robot-wars/

> detection. So let me repeat the question I’ve put in previous articles, and which has yet to be satisfactorily answered: what should we do to fight these tactics?

If the complaint is that astrosurfing "dilutes" the truth about corporations and creates a virtual alternative truth then the answer is to do the same: do your own SEO based on your own pool of "verified" truths. Tweet and retweet links and comments, do the same on FB, on online fora etc.

Jean-Christophe