[lbo-talk] New chapter in online democracy

Chuck Grimes c123grimes at att.net
Thu Feb 24 19:30:43 PST 2011

So let me repeat the question I’ve put in previous articles, and which has yet to be satisfactorily answered: what should we do to fight these tactics?

-------

The answer is very simple. Just name yourself and stand completely naked before ... all that follows. It's hard to explain, but this is the only safety net---which is none at all---you dream there is a net below, but there isn't. Just get it through your brain, you have no secrets before the world, and that is the meaning of freedom. This is an old 60s collective understanding. So the police and crudgles of power know you and what you are, so what?

In such a climate, you can spot an agent provocateur in a heart beat.

We can equivocate about the meaning of truth. But the one thing about truth is it doesn't need fabrication. You can always stand on it and no matter what, and you can refer to it without complicated logic. If it is ambiguous, that will be understood. If it is simple, that will be understood. It is only the lie that demands further clarification. Keep to the truth as you understand it, and that will be understood, even if argued. That's the safety net. And, in case this isn't clear, truth is the guarantee and the credit of free speech.

CG